ACCESSIBILITY FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (AODA)
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT:
Strassburger Windows and Doors has established policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of its good or services to people.
Strassburger Windows and Doors shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the following principles:
• The goods or services must be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
• The provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities and others will be integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services.
• Persons with disabilities must be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from the goods or services.
• When communicating with persons with a disability, a provider shall do so in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability.
MULTI-YEAR ACCESSIBILITY PLAN FOR STRASSBURGER WINDOWS AND DOORS
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT:
Strassburger Windows and Doors is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontario with Disabilities Act. (AODA)
Accessible Emergency Information
Strassburger Windows and Door is committed to providing employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Strassburger Windows and Doors has provided training to employees on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities.
Strassburger Windows and Doors has trained staff on accessible customer service with regards to the customer service standard.
Information and Communications
Strassburger Windows and Doors is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities.
New and updated content on Strassburger Windows and Doors website from 2012 up to 2014 and moving forward meets at a minimum the WCAG 2.0 Level 1 standard.
Strassburger Windows and Doors will ensure that content on our website conforms to WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021
By January 1, 2016, Strassburger Windows and Doors will ensure that all publicly available information is accessible upon request whenever possible. We will let the public know that multiple formats are available by request, and consult with people who request accessible information to figure out how to best meet their needs.
Strassburger Windows and Doors is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
By January 1, 2016 we will:
• Inform applicants that we will accommodate disabilities throughout the selection and hiring process
• If job applicants request accommodation, we will consult with them and make adjustments that best suit their needs
• Develop formal written individual accommodation plans for employees who have been absent due to a disability
• Take into account the needs of employees with disabilities when using performance management and career development by reviewing employees’ accommodation plans and making performance planning documents available in accessible formats
Strassburger Windows and Doors will continue to assess risks and take steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers as identified.
Design of Public Spaces
Strassburger Windows and Doors will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces include:
• Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, curb ramps, and accessible pedestrian signals
• Accessible off street parking
• Service-related elements like service counters and waiting areas
In the event of a service disruption, Strassburger Windows and Doors will notify the public of the service disruption and alternates available.
For more information
Contact Kim Strassburger at:
E-mail Kim Strassburger